Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Saturday 9 October 2010

Isn't nature amazing!

It's no wonder I get so inspired by flowers and plants and they seem to feature frequently in my jewellery designs. Look at this amazing plant that has been growing in my garden all summer.



I'm not sure what it's called but my mum gave it to me in the spring and it has been sitting in a pot on my patio. I was outside this morning photographing some jewellery and decided to take some photos of it using the macro setting on my camera. I love the way the centre spirals around and the bright green contrasts dramatically against the muted red.

4 comments:

  1. Those are great plants - they are Aeonium arboreum 'Zwartkop'- Black Pinwheel Succulent. I love how structured succulents are

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy

    Thanks for stopping by and for the info on the plant - I will try and remember that name.

    I agree with you about the structure of this plant - it really appeals to my mathematical side as well as my creative side.
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very pretty unique flower that you will definitely not see in my country. And what a name it has too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally - it is an amazing plant... or rather I should say 'was'. We had a frost the other night and foolishly I had not protected it so the next morning most of the leaves were frost damaged!!!
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete