Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Sunday 24 April 2011

Flower setting on my camera (and others!)


My new camera has a special setting for 'taking more vivid shots of flowers'


I thought I would have a go at taking some photos of the flowers in my garden today and see what they turned out like.


I'm not sure whether the 'vivid flower' setting is really anything more than just putting the camera on to macro but this camera does make me smile with all the possibilities it appears to offer. 

It even has two separate settings; one for 'optimizing focus on the faces of dogs' and another completely different setting for 'optimizing focus on the faces of cats'.  Who would have thought dogs and cats were so different to photograph!

4 comments:

  1. That's funny! Can you imagine the meeting where the designers were coming up with ideas of which settings to put on the camera? If 'optimizing focus on the faces of dogs' and 'cats' were both included, I wonder what ideas were thrown out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's a very good point! And I wonder what setting I'm supposed to use to photograph other animals?
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots Kristin! We need settings for birds and fish too! Would butterflies have the same setting as dragonflies? Glad you're having fun with your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deborah (and I'll put forward your suggestions/questions to Fuji!)
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete