Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Monday 19 September 2011

Amethyst Spiral Bells

SPIRAL BELLS
Amethyst Sterling Silver Earrings

Although these earrings looked a simple design when I drew them in my sketchbook, they were actually quite tricky to create, especially making them symmetrical and an identical pair. I had several failed attempts (fortunately with silver plated wire!) where I tried to work out where to start, how much wire to spiral and where to bend.  These earrings have been made from sterling silver wire (shaped, hammered and polished to a high shine).

Despite the frustrations, it felt good to be creative again after a long summer's break and I'm pleased to announce that these earrings are now available for purchase in my Etsy and Folksy on-line shops.

4 comments:

  1. Those earrings are fabulous! I am sure that getting 2 exactly the same was very challenging! Those amethyst stones are stunning...love the faceting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, As I said on JL, I think these are beautiful earrings. The design is gorgeous and elegant. I find I don't make alot of earrings because it can be so difficult to get identical or identical mirror images. You have done that beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning. I love the angular-spiral design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank HR - yes, it was a challenge which at the time was annoying but now I succeeded I feel good.

    Hi Christine - thanks for commenting here as well. The symmetrical element in these earrings had to be thought out quite carefully (after all my failed attempts of trying to create them randomly!!!)

    Thank you Deborah - this type of design was a bit different for me and I enjoyed watching it come to life. I am now pondering how I can develop it for pendants and bracelets.

    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete