Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Amethyst Flower Textured Disc Earrings

Amethyst Flower Textured Fine Silver Disc Earrings
 
I have been making textured disc earrings from silver clay for a while now but I was so excited to now be able to add a gemstone by soldering. I would love to say I made the bezel settings around the amethyst cabochons but I can't... they are ready-made fine silver bezel cups. The gemstones were a perfect fit, how fortunate was that?!  These earrings are now listed in my Etsy shop (and soon to be in my Folksy shop but I seem to have a problem uploading the details, grrr...)
 
 
I have been learning how to create and solder my own bezel settings and am in the middle of a project at my jewellery course. Fingers crossed it will be worthy to share here on my blog when it's finished!

4 comments:

  1. Those are simply gorgeous. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dotty, lovely to hear from you - it was very satisfying to combine the techniques of silver clay and soldering and I was pleased with the outcome.
      Kristin :)

      Delete
  2. Simple and beautiful. I love purple and silver together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah - I too love that combination (Purple is my all time favourite colour. I love it so much, sometimes I feel I can almost taste it! Does that sound weird?!)
      All the best
      Kristin :)

      Delete