Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs

Tutorials by K S Jewellery Designs
(Click on the pictures for more details)

Saturday 2 November 2013

Texture and shade

My house has been smelling of rotten eggs recently! My kids keep moaning at me!  I have been exploring texture and shade in my jewellery pieces by adding embellishments to silver sheet or hammering it with different implements and I have found the best way to show off these textures is by oxidising.  Normally I'm a lover of bright and shiny silver but for some reason I'm being drawn to the dark side!

http://ksjewellerydesigns.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2941829-Sterling-Silver-Embellished-Flower-Triangle-Earrings.html
Sterling Silver Embellished Flower Triangle Earrings

http://ksjewellerydesigns.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2941069-Sterling-Silver-Little-Leaf-Earrings.html
Sterling Silver Little Leaves Earrings

Both pairs of earrings are listed in my website shop, my Etsy shop and my Folksy shop.

6 comments:

  1. I love how subtle the oxidisation looks on those leaves... I've not yet embarked on the route of rotten eggs but I do believe it's just a matter of time...! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SMJ, I didn't think I would enjoy oxidising my jewellery as much as I have. I tried it a couple of times in the past but have now definitely realised its potential with highlighting texture.
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really good, it is a great way to highlight texture. I'm now immune to the smell......... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tracy - not sure whether I'll ever get used to the smell... I have inherited a keen sense of smell which I now realise I have passed onto my children!
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally prefer the oxidized look on silver to the shiny. Mostly because it helps highlight the detail. Lovely earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank lch - I am certainly a convert but think I will need to still make shiny stuff too! All the best, Kristin :)

      Delete